Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Please Touch Museum & Autumn Leaves

On October 26th, the boys and I met some friends at the Please Touch Museum. We've been planning on going on that day for a while because Arthur, from PBS Kids, was going to be there. 

We got there a little after it opened and the boys were so excited! Since we were waiting for our friends, they decided to run up and down the steps and pretend to be Rocky. It's a new favorite game of theirs.





When we met up with our friends we headed inside and played for a bit. Then we went upstairs to see Arthur! The boys were a little shy at first, but they then gave him big hugs.



Sometimes I look at these two handsome little boys and I can't believe how grown up they are!



At the suggestion of Charise, we watched a puppet show. We've been there so many times and we've never watched the puppet show, but I'm SO glad we did! My boys were entranced. It was a cute little show about a little girl's teddy bear and its bunny getting stolen by pirates during the night. It also uses a black light, which was super cool. 




Afterwards we kept playing. It was nice having another adult to visit with while my kids were playing! My only complaint about this museum is the lack of seating for adults. I know that ideally parents are supposed to be interacting with their children, but sometimes my kids just want to be left alone and play. It'd be nice for me to have somewhere to sit!



After we played and rode the carousel, we had lunch in front of the museum. It was such a beautiful day and the autumn leaves were gorgeous. We were about to get hit with Hurricane Sandy (more on that later), so it was nice to be able to enjoy the outside one last time before we had to be shut in!



The leaves in front of the museum were HUGE!!! It was so much fun.






I'm so grateful we have places like this to go every once in a while. I think next year we will get a pass to the Zoo instead of the museum, but we are enjoying it this year while we have it!

No comments: