One thing I had promised to do when Kenny was visiting here was take him to NYC for the first time. With Chris being in the middle of midterms, Valentine's Day was the only day we could go. We left in the afternoon and took the train Penn Station. I took a lot of pictures of Kenny since it was his very first visit.
First on our stop was the Manhattan temple.
Much to our dismay, we realized that many things in NYC close at 8pm on Friday nights. I was shocked!! We missed the NBC store, which was a huge bummer... but we did get to see a girl get proposed to at Rockefeller Center!
We walked a lot and looked for some shoes that Kenny wanted to buy. I swear, everything was closed. We literally missed the Nike store by minutes. It was such a bust and I felt so bad!
We definitely got ourselves some Magnolia's. We waited in a huge line, but it was worth it. I was sad that there wasn't any chocolate chocolate, but at least I got some chocolate frosting.
Times Square was pretty interesting. Being so close to Las Vegas growing up, Times Square isn't as wonderful as we would expect, but it's still iconic and everyone seems to want to see it at least once.
We saw this guy and Kenny had to get a picture. His sign says "I'm single. I have a job and I'd absolutely adore you. At least for tonight." And he was dead serious! Just standing there on Valentine's Day with this sign. Crazy.
We had a nice time, despite so many things being closed. When we got home I found this on my door:
What a sweet husband I have. It was a lot harder to spend Valentine's Day away from Chris than I thought it would be and he was so thoughtful to leave me a little note!











No comments:
Post a Comment