One of the scarier things in life is flying across the country alone with my kids. I must admit that it's gotten much easier over the years as my kids have gotten older. I don't have to travel with as much, there are no diapers, and the kids are a bit better behaved on the plane.... but it's still not the easiest thing in the world. Chris had boards to study for, though, so he stayed home for the 2 weeks that we were gone.
Packing with Aaron and Matthew is always a hoot. They must bring a "small" amount of stuffed animals each time we leave the house. So when I went to zip up Aaron's suitcase I came to find this:
We got through security pretty quickly. That's usually a plus with kids.
Once we got seated and got ready to take off, Aaron got incredibly sad because he missed his daddy so much. He almost cried. He kept saying, "I miss Daddy. Why can't Daddy be on the plane with us?" Broke my heart!!
We made the plane ride fun with some markers. Do you guys remember these?! They still smell exactly the same.
The boys decided to fight over the window seat, which is the norm for them... So we decided to take turns. Matthew got the first half of the flight and Aaron got the second half.
Sadly, none of our movies worked and I forgot to download the Southwest OnBoard player. Thank goodness for games on the iPad!
Aaron really enjoyed playing with his toys. He was surprisingly quiet on the plane ride!
Dessert views. I miss these living in PA!
I loved seeing the boys with their backpacks. Their little Spooky Buddies got some attention sitting in the backpacks like they were!











No comments:
Post a Comment