Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

NYC with Alyssa

My friend Alyssa and I got to go to NYC for a temple trip on a SATURDAY! This was a first for me. I usually have to go on a Friday night because that only takes Chris away from studying for a few hours (the kids go to bed early). An entire Saturday away would just take too much time away from studying for Chris. And getting home late really stinks! So I was very excited to be able to go on a Saturday morning, get to the temple, and then do some exploring with my friend.

Funny story about this morning, which also describes just how awesome Chris is. My alarm was set for early in the morning (we planned on taking a 6:15am train), but Chris woke me up abruptly that morning saying "What time is it?!" and I quickly realized it was 5:45am. My alarm didn't go off! It was set for weekdays only without me realizing it. So he woke up and went to pick up my friend while I finished getting ready. Without him doing that, we would have totally missed out train. He's awesome.

Anyway, the temple was great. Our session was a Spanish session and that was very interesting. After the temple we got some food. There are a few necessary stops when I go to NYC. First is the Wafels & Dinges waffle cart. It's seriously amazing and something I will miss about NYC so very, very much. 



Next on my list, if I'm feeling like soup and salad, is Hale and Hearty Soups.



We stopped at the NY Public Library and walked around a bit...






I honestly can't remember what else we did, but I know we had fun! It was soooo hot, but we enjoyed ourselves. I'm glad Alyssa is here and that she is my friend. She was a therapist before she became a stay-at-home-mom and she's one of the most level-headed people I know. I appreciate her a lot!

No comments: