Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Family Vacation 2015 pt. 1: The Trek to Canada & Niagara Falls

Our family vacation this year was a trip to Niagara Falls, Palmyra (New York), and the Finger Lakes. I had been looking forward to this trip for such a long time! We felt like the boys were finally old enough to do it and we were ready. The idea of driving 7+ hours to Canada was a bit overwhelming the few days before we left, but I felt like we were prepared for the road trip as much as we possibly could be. We stopped quite a few times (I think the total amount of time spent traveling was around 9 hours). Our first stop was somewhere past Wilkes Barre, I believe. It was at a Krispy Kreme and it was delicious! We left pretty early in the morning, so this ended up being breakfast.



We had lunch somewhere in NY state at a diner that we thought would be good... But it ended up being just so-so. It was nice to get out of the car for a bit, though!




We finally made it over the border and into Canada! This was the first time that I've ever left the United States by land. Our cruise took us to Mexico and that's the only other time I'd been outside of the country.




We checked in to our hotel and dropped our stuff off in our room. Our view was spectacular!



Then, before we headed out to walk around, we ate dinner at the buffet inside the restaurant. It was expensive, but it was really good and we got to see the falls the entire time we ate.



Then we headed out to see the falls and do some walking! We had a great time! Unfortunately I don't have many pictures with me in them because I lost my small point and shoot camera (which is the one I usually use to take pictures). Thankfully, though, I brought my dSLR and took some pictures with that and my phone.

















This is out hotel from where we were looking at the falls. It was pretty expensive, but it was only one night and it was well worth it to be able to be so close to everything.


















Once we got back to our room, we let the boys go swimming for a bit. Even the pool had a cool view!








At night, the falls change color. It was really fun to watch and with the window open, it sounded so pretty! Our room had a fireplace and we sat and watched the falls for a few minutes after the boys' went to bed. It was beautiful!

No comments: