We spent Day 3 of our journey in Bluff Dale, Texas at Chris's Uncle Lee & Aunt Eileen's place. It is absolutely gorgeous here. It's been a very relaxing day!
Last night Aaron had a hard time sleeping. He was up almost every 30 minutes! We survived and the boys slept in a bit longer than normal this morning, thank goodness. Chris woke up at 5:40am and he went fishing with Uncle Lee. When I planned this trip, I knew that fishing with Lee would be one of the things he looked forward to the most!! I'm glad he was able to go. They were there until around noon.
The boys and I had a pretty good morning with Eileen. It was nice visiting with her! Aaron was a bit of a fireball and didn't want to listen, but then we went outside and it helped. I took some pictures of their house. It is so beautiful!
We walked down some steps to their private lake in the back. The boys were able to feed the fish and some turtles came to eat, too! It was really fun seeing the turtles. Not very common for us!
The play house in the backyard is great. They loved the slide and playing "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" together.
Everything was so quiet and so green. It's full of life.
After trying to get them to eat some breakfast, I decided that we needed to go swimming. They were getting to be a handful and I knew they wanted to swim before naptime, so off we went!
The pool is beautiful. It was hot outside and the water was perfect. Aunt Eileen took some pictures of us playing. Aaron loves jumping into the water. He realized today that he can float all on his own with the water wings on.
Matthew is still pretty afraid of the water. It's frustrating, but I know we just have to take it slow. He took swim lessons and was doing so much better for a while, but he's sort of regressed. He jumped in today and I had him go under the water (just like normal for him) and he panicked. Afterwards he was scared the entire time. Poor kid!
When Chris came home he went swimming with us before we had lunch and the boys took a nap. After their nap he took the boys down to try and catch some fish. It was really hot and the fish weren't biting, so we swam again.
We had a delicious home cooked meal from Eileen and then put the kids to bed. Chris and I went out on the lake so he could catch another fish. It was gorgeous!
His large mouth almost didn't make it back to the water alive. It was sad for me to watch, but he survived and swam back down into the water eventually!
Tomorrow we make our way to Jackson, Mississippi and we'll be staying at a hotel there. Hopefully we can leave early enough tomorrow to get their before dinner. We are so grateful that we've been able to have this day off of driving and spend time with family. It has been wonderful!!





























1 comment:
How fun! I would love to have my own lake AND a pool! :) I'm glad the fish made it. It makes me sad when they don't make it or they take too long to die. haha.
Post a Comment