Sunday morning the kids slept until around 8:00. It's been great having them sleep in a bit! I must say that for me, the adjustment has been great. I haven't felt it at all. We've lost hours slowly. In New Mexico we lost an hour, in Texas we lost another hour, and now that we are in Georgia we've lost another hour. To me it felt seamless. Chris feels a little off, though.
Anyway, we woke up to a delicious breakfast on Sunday. It was so nice to have some home-cooked meals! The kids went and fed the fish and turtles again while I packed the car. Then we took some pictures before we headed out.
![]() |
| Uncle Lee & Chris |
![]() |
| Uncle Lee, Aunt Eileen & Chris |
![]() |
| Aaron, Jeeves & Matthew |
Aaron and Matthew LOVED Jeeves. They noticed right away that he looked just like Missy, their Great-Aunt Debbie's dog. He is actually Missy's half-brother! Aaron wouldn't leave the poor dog alone. He wanted to play constantly!
![]() |
| Uncle Lee, Aunt Eileen, Jeeves, Matthew & Aaron |
We got on the road and ended up stopping in Longview, TX. Uncle Stephen and Aunt Betsy, we didn't venture into the city at all, but I thought of you when we stopped at this little park! I think it was called Rollins Park. Anyway, my aunt and uncle used to live in a beautiful home in Longview. The boys enjoyed playing at the park after we got lunch at Whataburger. Aunt Eileen and Uncle Lee gave them each a container of bubbles and a frisbee to play with. They loved it!
Aaron enjoyed blowing his bubbles and running around exploring the park. Matthew enjoyed playing frisbee with Chris.
It was really hot. I think it was around 104 degrees and super humid, so we didn't stay for a super long time.
When we crossed over into Louisiana I started seeing water towers like this one in every city we came to.
Aaron actually dozed off in the car! This was only the 2nd time in 4 days that he napped in the car. I was so surprised!
The scenery changed quickly from state to state. We finally made it to Jackson, Mississippi in a decent hour. We went swimming first thing! Aaron had a blast. Matthew was afraid of the water.
After swimming we went and had dinner at Cracker Barrel. The boys were pretty well behaved. Yesterday was one of the rougher days of our trip, but overall they were still pretty good.
So here's to Day 4! Only 4 more days to go!




















1 comment:
Oh my goodness I didn't recognize uncle lee. Ha ha
Post a Comment