Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Arizona Christmas: Church Party & Sunday Fun

I have a few minutes before Chris gets home from the movie he went to go see earlier, so I thought I'd get a quick blog update out. The rest of tonight is going to be spent doing homework. I have a very good opportunity to get 1 week ahead in 2 of my classes, so I'm really trying to do that. Before I know it I will be on a regular schedule with the rest of the class and possibly even behind.

Anyway, the day after we arrived in Arizona my parents had a church Christmas party that we went to. I was looking forward to being able to visit with some old friends and it was nice to get out and have a nice dinner. The ladies in charge did an excellent job! My favorite part of the evening? Right when the families arrived, the kids went into a separate room to color, make crafts, and have fun while all the adults sat down and got settled. When the food was ready, the kids came in and we all ate. It was genius because my kids never got crazy bored while waiting for the food (which was delicious, by the way!)


The Primary also let my kids participate in a little Nativity play, even though they had no idea what was going on. Can you find them? Matthew is standing up, 2nd from the left. Aaron is sitting down, 2nd from the right.



This one had me cracking up. He was being so flirty with this cute little girl!






I didn't get to visit with many friends because they were mostly busy with the party preparations, but it was nice to see them and say hi. We had church the next mornings and my kids were GROUCHY. It was probably one of the harder Sundays we have had in quite some time. It was mostly Aaron, because Matthew was being entertained by Grandma and Grandpa. Aaron, on the other hand, was grumpy and I almost took him home. Here's proof: 




The plus side? He's still super cute. Even when he's being a little stinker!!!


Once we got through the first part of church, it was fine because they each went to their own classes. I was happy for the break!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ohhh, I love kids when they do the Nativity scene...they all look so precious!