Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Village & Macy's

Christmas break has come and gone! I can't believe it. School started for Chris last week and it starts for me tomorrow. Hopefully I can stay up to date on the blog.

I knew we didn't have a lot of time to do Christmas things as a family, since the boys and I were leaving town so early. We planned on one thing, and that was to go see Christmas Village at Love Park and the light show at Macy's. The boys and I drove and found parking, and we met up with Chris at Love Park. 

The fountain was shut off and a great big Christmas tree was put up in its place. The boys loved running around and up and down the steps. The village also had a lot for them to see!





It was nice to be in a big city at Christmas time. I took a lot more pictures with my phone, so I'll post more about the village later.




It was also really nice spending time with Chris. We didn't see him much during the semester, but it got even worse during mid-November and early December.




After Christmas village we walked over to Macy's to see the light show. We didn't know much about it, but I knew I wanted to see it. It was really sweet and the boys loved it. Pictures in the next post. Another thing that was really awesome about Macy's was Dicken's Village. It's a cute set-up of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol. It reminded me of something I would see at Disneyland, except it wasn't a ride. My kids don't know much about A Christmas Carol unless it's Mickey's Christmas Carol, but they will learn!




After Dicken's Village, the kids got to see Santa Claus. We also bought a Christmas tree ornament for 2012 and we bought Franklin, our Elf on the Shelf!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Once again, looks like loads of fun activities where you live...super jealous!