It was pretty strange being in Kingman for such a long time without Chris! The first few days were pretty stressful. The kids were adjusting, Aaron was NOT sleeping at night, and I still had a 12 page literary analysis to write on E. E. Cummings. Once my paper was finished, there was a huge amount of stress lifted and I could relax with the boys. We had a lot of fun! The weather was beautiful. It was so nice to see the sun every day and be able to go into the jacuzzi at night!

It was also really nice to be able to eat In-N-Out again! I ate some for Chris as well. It was delicious. We have a Five Guys Burgers here, which is KIND of similar. But nothing truly compares to In-N-Out.
My parents and the 3 of us usually watched some sort of Christmas movie in the evenings to wind the kids down. We watched Polar Express mostly, because we were getting ready to ride the Polar Express in Williams, AZ! I think it was the boys' favorite part of the day. Christmas tree on, lights off, and Polar Express on the TV.

I missed Chris terribly. We sent each other a few pictures when we were texting of the stuff we were currently doing. Which resulted in a few of these...
Usually when I sent him a kiss I got something crazy back like this...
I love that man. He makes me laugh every single day.
On December 12th, the boys and I drove up to Flagstaff in the morning. Matthew and Aaron were able to play with their friends, Hyrum and Adam Rupp, and their mom was sweet enough to watch them so I could get my hair done! My kids ask about Hyrup and Adam at least twice a week. Matthew continually says that he wants to move back to Flagstaff when Daddy is done with school so that he can be with all his friends. Little does he know the Rupp's won't be there. Sad! Anyway, it was fun driving to Flagstaff. I miss the San Francisco peaks!
It was so nice to see Verity and Jacob again. And I had been looking forward to having Verity do my hair for a long, LONG time. We decided to do something a little crazy and I got this patch of color put in my hair. It's called "Wild Orchid." I didn't get the orange out of my hair like I wanted, but it's not as orange as it once was, so I am happy! And Chris loves the color, which was a surprise to me. He said that it's his favorite thing I've ever done with my hair, aside from getting bangs. Woo! Score for me! I like it too. It's different, but it's subtle. This isn't the best picture, it's been colored again so it's darker than it is here.
My hair took quite a while, so I picked up the kids when I was done and then we ran a couple of errands. We had dinner and then we met my family in Williams to ride the Polar Express!
PS - Another thing I missed about Arizona? The gorgeous sunsets. SO GORGEOUS!








1 comment:
Just thought you should know that every time I see an In 'N Out Burger, I think of you! Weird, I know :) I love the pics of the tree...absolutely beautiful!!!
Post a Comment