Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daddy's Trip to Haiti!

Chris joined the Temple Dental Haiti Club early on in his schooling because he wanted to opportunity to go to Haiti to do dental work with a group of dentists and students. He's worked so hard in that club! He's raised money by organizing fundraisers and he's put so much effort in to try and get chosen as a junior to go on the trip. Only 2 juniors get selected to go each year and he was one of them! They actually took 3 juniors this year, which was pretty cool. He had an amazing experience. Hopefully I can get him to blog about it soon, but for now I'll write as much as I can.

Matthew and Aaron knew that he was leaving and that he would be gone for 10 days. They were definitely sad and not looking forward to him being gone for so long.



It was sad to watch him pack knowing that he would be gone for so long and that we wouldn't be able to talk with him very often. But I was so proud and happy for him!



The boys made him lots of notes and cards before he left. They were so sweet! Aaron wrote this all by himself.



We had fun when Chris was gone, though. We had a few days to ourselves and then my dad came to visit to keep us company. We watched movies and we went to eat once. 




The students in Haiti set up a photo stream that I was invited to after the first few days, so it was fun to see pictures of everyone! 



Every one in a while FaceTime would work and we could chat for a bit. But it was mostly just frustrating attempts to try and FaceTime.



I am so proud of Chris and how hard he worked while in Haiti. I know that this trip is one he will always remember. He is now president of the Haiti Club and will go again next March. He's so awesome!



This is one of the pictures he sent me. He said it was so beautiful!


No comments: