The next morning we had a delicious breakfast at the buffet and even got to sit right by the window. We had such a pretty view!
Matthew woke up with hives all over his body. It was pretty scary! We still aren't sure what they are from, but they lasted for days.
After we checked out of the hotel we walked around for a bit. We went to a Coca Cola store and a Hershey store. The boys each got a glass bottle of Coke and they were ecstatic. They don't get to drink Coke. Ever. So they loved it. Chris and and I had a Canadian fountain coke. Apparently they make their coke with sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup. We thought it would taste good, but it wasn't really all that great. Some of these pictures are from the boys' disposable cameras. We bought them each a camera and let them take their own pictures. They had fun! You can tell by the quality of the photos which ones were from their camera.
On my camera Matthew took a picture of Chris and I here in front of the barrel and the falls, but my camera was lost and I don't have the picture anymore. At least I have it on my heart!
When went in a few souvenir shops and Chris let the boys play on the big grassy area in front of the hotel while I did some shopping. Then we got in the car and headed to see our friends, The Clay's, at Dave's parents' house in the fingerlakes. It was absolutely beautiful there. I've never seen that part of the country and I'm so glad I was able to. Dave's parents live right on one of the lakes there. I think it was Lake Oswego.
They have so many fun activities available at the Clay family lake house! We went tubing and I have a very funny story about that. Dave was driving the boat quite slow and he turned... When he turned we got overtaken by a big wake and the water completely covered Matthew and I. We were both terrified. I experienced a drowning sensation and I can only imagine what happened to Matthew. He was crying hysterically after he came out of the water. We were only under for seconds, but it felt like 10 minutes. We got back up and made it back to the boat. He was fine and so was I, but it was definitely an experience that I will always remember!
Chris went tubing as well with Matthew. I think Aaron went, too? I guess this is the downside of not blogging right away. After our trip to Hersheypark, I blogged immediately and then just let it sit in my drafts until it was chronologically time to post it. I didn't do that with this trip and I regret it!
We were able to enjoy the sunset over the lake. We had a fire and roasted marshmallows. It was a gorgeous night. Matthew and Aaron had the time of their lives. Victoria and Lydia (Dave and Kristine's kids) had so many cousins that were there that weekend, and my boys loved playing with all of them.














No comments:
Post a Comment