Once again we awoke to the gorgeous lake behind the Clay's home. I couldn't get over how beautiful it was there. What a peaceful life!
Chris and I went for a quick ride on the paddle boat after we got all packed up and ready to go.
We got to watch Aaron jump off the big inflatable trampoline from up close in the boat. I can't believe he actually did it! My kids aren't very daring, so it was really neat to watch him do something that was so frightening.
Here's a better collage of his jump.
The kids got to go on a couple boat rides that morning. They loved it!
Matthew had a really good time with Dave and Kristine's nephew. I was so glad he was there. He was so polite and Matthew really enjoyed playing with him.
They also loved playing with their dog.
These two did not want to leave! They were genuinely sad when we had to get in the car and go. I can't imagine how hard it would be for Dave and Kristine's kids to not only leave that amazing house and lake, but to also leave Grandma and Grandpa.
Our drive home was gorgeous. I saw so many silos that were reminiscent of the type of drawing I was able to do in elementary school with Mr. Al Snyder. I'm so glad I was able to see that part of the Northeast!
We stopped in a little town that had an A&W restaurant. It was delicious!
Matthew still had his rash. We were a bit concerned, but couldn't really do anything about it but give him Benadryl.
We made an effort to stop in Scranton to find the "Welcome to Scranton" sign, but found out that it's inside a mall. We didn't want to walk all the way in, so we drove around a bit and eventually stopped at a Krispy Kreme. Which, I might add, was the most delicious Krispy Kreme I have ever had!
We were happy to get home We had such a great trip! It was exhausting, but it was great.
Here is one last picture of Matthew from his camera. He was having a battle with some ears of corn!























No comments:
Post a Comment