Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I was all set to cook a big Thanksgiving dinner this year. We even invited the missionaries over from our church! The missionaries ended up having to cancel, though, so we decided to go over to a friend's house and get together with a few other families to have a joint Thanksgiving dinner. We all brought a dish and 2 families cooked turkeys. It was fun and I'm glad we did it. Next year we will have a quiet Thanksgiving at home, but this year it was nice to not have to worry about cooking the entire meal. We went over to the Johnson's home and Kayce had it all set-up for us.




While the women were finishing the food, the men were watching football. What's Thanksgiving without men watching football?!




The food was delicious and we had some good company. The Wayment's, the Mauer's, the Johnson's, and a man named Claudio were all there for dinner. It was nice to be able to visit with friends on Thanksgiving!



The next morning I woke up somewhat early after deciding that we wouldn't be doing any Black Friday shopping. The kids were still sleeping and our Blu-Ray player was going out on us, so I decided to take a chance and see if Walmart still had their $38 Blu-Ray player for sale. The drive was gorgeous! I love the fog here.






Walmart was completely deserted. There was SO much trash on the ground! It was nice to go shopping and I found some pretty good sales.

Later that morning we went to breakfast together at Friendly's. It was nice to have Chris to ourselves!




All in all we had a great Thanksgiving break. Chris enjoyed the time off and we enjoyed having him home. We have so much to be grateful for in life. We are so blessed!

No comments: