I was so excited when I found out that Disney on Ice was coming to Philly and that there was a discount code for $15 tickets! I think I was more excited to go myself than I was for Matthew to go. He went with me, though, and we both enjoyed it. I learned a few things that in retrospect I should have anticipated, but at least now I know for next time!
The hardest thing about the evening was not preparing Matthew. I'd been keeping it a secret because I wanted him to be surprised. Instead, I should have told him and let him get excited for it all week! I also should have prepared him for the overwhelming amount of toys, lights, swords, snacks, and treats for sale. I should have sat him down and told him he could buy 1 toy, 1 treat, and 1 drink. I absolutely should have known that Disney would oversell the heck out of everything. I should have anticipated the costs... but I didn't! So I was caught off guard and ending up spending way too much money. Matthew was more concerned with the things I bought him than actually being there to see Disney on Ice. We ended up a program with a coloring book, getting popcorn, cotton candy (that came with a Flounder hat), soda, an ice cream cone, and two Beast swords. He was heartbroken that I would not spend the $10 or $12 on a snow cone for him, but he settled with the ice cream cone.
We had great seats, though, and we were both so excited for the show to start! I have been wanting to see a Disney on Ice show since I was a little girl!
The Wells Fargo Center is beautiful and so big! I took some pictures of the show with Chris's phone (mine was broken at the time), but he is sleeping and I need to get this posted. It was great, though. I enjoyed it SO much! And I know Matthew did, too.




No comments:
Post a Comment