Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Grandma & Grandpa Duford Visit: Grand Lux Cafe

I finished the rough draft of my final paper due in my toughest class this semester. I actually turned it in 2 days early! It's miraculous! I have one more rough draft to write, which will be pretty simple because it's on Gothic elements (which I am a pro at thanks to my ridiculously hard Gothic novels class) in Jane Eyre (which is one of my favorite books). Then I have some miscellaneous assignments in my technical writing class. They are fairly easy assignments. Technical writing comes natural to me. It's all about organization, bullet points, good tone, etc. It also helps that last semester I took professional editing, which was on the flip side of the writing. It was good practice and exposure! The class is time consuming, but not difficult. Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I am almost done with my very last semester of school for a very, very long time. I am happy to say I will not be going back in the fall and I am so relieved!!

I haven't been myself since Christmas it seems. I am in total burnout mode and for the first time in a while, I see some light at the end of the tunnel. I am determined to keep up on this blog once school is done! I have never been so behind. I will write more about life once I get caught up. 

Anyway, it seems ironic that I am posting about my parents' last visit to Philly on the very night they are flying in to visit us again! :) They came in February after Chris's midterms ended. It was such a fun visit! We went to dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe in Cherry Hill, NJ one night. Here are a few pictures...




Matthew was so sweet that night. He wanted to wear one of his night, dressy shirts and even asked to wear a tie over it. He may not have matched very well, but I think he looked super handsome.




Aaron decided to try a lemon for the first time...






The food was delicious! We had a great time. 

No comments: