Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Valentine's Dance Date Night

I had been looking forward to this night for a long time. It was right smack in the middle of Chris's midterms, but he took the night off to take me to what we thought was a dance. I was super excited!



When we walked in, I realized that almost everyone around me was dressed up in their Sunday best. I was dressed nicely, but for a night out - not for church. Bummer! I guess I didn't get the memo?? Anyway, we had dinner and listened to people talk........ for WAY too long. Then there was a newlywed game played that again....... lasted WAY too long. I was getting antsy thinking about how we were paying a babysitting by the hour and I wanted to be dancing, not listening to a husband and wife guess the answers to questions about each other. 

It was over, finally, and after cleaning up quickly we were able to dance. It was fun! We have such a great ward and such fun people that we go to church with. It was great dancing with everyone. It only lasted an hour and we were there for almost 3! That was a big let down, but we still had a great time. I love my husband so much. The man can move! We are probably going to have a dance in September with just our ward because we all had so much fun! I am so grateful that I have at least another 3 1/2 years to be here in the Pennypack Ward. We are a family in a literal sense - more so than I have ever experienced before. We love it!

Anyway, here are some pictures. There was a photographer that had a cute little set-up for us.





All the women got to take home a rose. 



It was a successful evening, even though it had a rough start! I love my husband and cherish the time that I have him all to myself. It's not much, but what I have it terrific!

No comments: