We spent our last full day in Kingman with my big brother and his wife (Amber) and daughter (Taylin). We had such a nice morning together in Oatman! I hadn't been there in quite some time. I think the last time I was there was in 2004 with Chris! It was blazing hot outside, but we had an awesome time.
The kids loved the burros on the street. My brother went and bought some special pellets and we fed them. I was super nervous to let the kids near the burros. When I was a little girl my family and I went to Oatman. I fed one of the burros and apparently it was a baby burro. The mommy burro got pretty mad and bit my finger. I can still see the image of my bitten finger. It was pretty traumatic since I was such a little kid. But Chris made sure the kids got to do their thing and feed them without their crazy mom being paranoid. Thank goodness they have him for a dad.
It was so fun watching sweet little Taylin interact with the burros! She loved them!
The little baby burros were adorable. There were so many tourists taking pictures! I was really surprised at how many people were there on a Wednesday.
Uncle Michael and Aunt Amber had some change and let the boys get pressed pennies. They love pressed pennies!
We walked back into a replica of an old mineshaft. It's crazy how dark those things are.
We met a really nice man who made jewelry and he let Matthew hold his big stick. I didn't realize he was holding a gun until after the picture. Hmmm... Not sure how I feel about that one. The boys also got to pick out a special souvenir. They chose stuffed burros. How fitting! If you look closely you can see Matthew holding his in this picture.
We had lunch at the only restaurant in town. Thank goodness we brought water because they only had bottled water and it was expensive! Apparently the tap water isn't good enough to drink. Crazy.
There was a gun fight during lunch, but it was too loud for Taylin. It was too loud for me, too, so I came inside while Chris, Matthew, and Aaron watched. It was way cooler when I was a kid!
All in all we had a great morning. We got back for nap time and we were all exhausted from being out in the heat all day. It was nice to rest! It was also really nice to spend some time with Michael and Amber. I miss them and don't get to visit with them enough.





























No comments:
Post a Comment