Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

The Kids' Trip to NYC pt. 2 [Central Park, Midtown, & Times Square]

Watching Matthew and Aaron on the subways was hilarious. At first they didn't believe us when we said they needed to hold on. They both went flying sideways a couple of times. Matthew insisted after after a few rides that he was big enough to ride by himself. So we let him sit next to some lady with a little baby. He felt so cool sitting there all by himself!




We introduced the boys to Sprinkles cupcakes. Delicious. They loved getting their own mini cupcake!



We spent some time in Central Park, but it got dark a lot earlier than we expected. We took the kids to see the Enchanted fountain. I guess I should really find out the name of the fountain, but I always call it the Enchanted fountain because it's the fountain that Amy Adams sings her "That's How You Know" song in the movie, Enchanted.





Trying to get these 2 rascals to sit still for a picture seems to be quite difficult these days...





We got to experience some port-a-potties for the first time in Central Park. Little boys have little bladders!



We got some popsicles and sat down for a bit to eat them. It was so nice being outside on such a beautiful summer night!




After Central Park we headed to Rockefeller Center.




And then to Times Square! We decided to eat at Olive Garden and Chris waited for our table while I took the boys to the M&M factory and the Hershey store. They met some Minions...



And the orange M&M!



After waiting for a loooong time, we got seated with a beautiful view of Times Square! Matthew and Aaron couldn't seem to stop looking out the windows.





Chris had an interesting experience at Olive Garden while I was in the restroom. He bit into his mashed potatoes and apparently he almost swallowed what looked like a plastic bag. I came back to the table and he didn't say anything. When he saw our server he asked if he could speak to the manager. The server looked a little concerned and asked if she did anything wrong. He said no and then showed her the plastic. Yikes! I'm glad he waited to tell me until I was finished eating my food. The manager came over and apologized profusely. She comped our ENTIRE meal and gave us two desserts on top of it. Can you believe that?! It was such a blessing. 1) We had not planned on being in NYC until after midnight (thank goodness we were still running on AZ time) and didn't plan well enough in regards to our meals. 2) We did not plan on eating at Olive Garden in Times Square, where everything is at least $30 a plate and kids meals are almost $10... but we were starving and we really needed some good food and a place to sit and just recuperate for a bit. So we decided the extra money would be worth it. We never thought our entire meal would be comped! So for $20 (the tip we left), we ate a delicious dinner at the Olive Garden in Times Square. Score for us!

After dinner we made our last stop. I had a gift card to the Disney store, so we wanted to take the boys into the Disney store at Times Square. It was just remodeled and it is awesome inside!!! This is the escalator going upstairs. The lanterns are supposed to be the floating lights from Tangled. 



Matthew chose a Simba stuffed animal and Aaron chose Rapunzel from Tangled. Except he has no idea her name is Rapunzel. He just calls her Tangled. She keeps Wendy company in his see of male stuffed animals. I guess Dory from Finding Nemo and Brittany from the Chipmunks are girls, too. Aaron has a thing for Disney princesses. We think it's because he thinks they're cute. Haha!

Anyway, we were exhausted on the train home. Chris and Matthew got a little catnap. Aaron was wired just like normal.





We had such a fun and tiring day! I don't think we'll ever do it again like that... But it was awesome.

No comments: