Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Newsies with Matthew!

I've been waiting to blog about this for a very long time. At the beginning of the school year, Matthew watched Newsies in his music class. Since then he has really loved it and has watched the movie with Aaron many, many times. When I found out that Newsies was going on tour, I wanted so much to take Matthew to see it! We got some discounted tickets through our Disney Visa card as soon as they went on sale. And the night finally came for us to go! I was just as excited as he was, if not more. I was looking forward to sharing something that I love so much with him.



We stopped at the merchandise booth before heading in to the show. It broke the bank for sure. How could I say no to the Newsies hat? And of course he needed a shirt to wear to school. And the bag was only $10 with the purchase... And we couldn't forget about Aaron. Ugh! It was worth it though. Look at this kid... Adorable!




He got so many compliments on his hat. He got a little restless during the show, but he did great and people thought it was really cool that he was so young and there to watch the show!



We had better seats than I thought we would have. Nothing like sitting 5th row, but it was pretty awesome.




By the time we were on our way home, Matthew was exhausted. He crashed in the car and he crashed hard!



The next morning Aaron was all smiles in his Newsies gear. They must have played Newsies every day for weeks. They tried to sell me "papes" and they would sing and dance... It was awesome. Every once in a while Aaron will still play. I love that they love something that I love. If that makes sense.



No comments: