Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Palace Roller Skating with Cornwells

Matthew's school has some really fun family activities that are planned by the Home & School Association and in October they reserved the skating rink in NE Philadelphia for all the Cornwells families. We were able to skate for free! I was excited, thinking that it would be easier than ice skating and since they've been ice skating before.... roller skating should be a piece of cake, right? Wrong. Roller skating is so much harder for little kids than ice skating is! And they were out of the little walker things for the kids to use. It was exceptionally hard to try and keep both boys on their feet the whole time. Chris wasn't able to join us because he was studying for midterms, so I was flying solo. We were able to spend some time with Mary and Sean (Mary is Matthew's age and Sean is Aaron's age) and their dad was kind enough to help Matthew quite a few times while he was skating and I was tending to Aaron.

Matthew had so much fun. It's fun for them to see all their friends outside of school!




Aaron, on the other hand, was too focused on playing arcade games and throwing a fit to enjoy the skating. He clearly didn't want to hear his mom talk about behaving anymore.




I vowed never to take them skating again unless I have help, but I'm glad I went that night. Matthew really enjoyed it and that's what matters most!




No comments: