I know most of the people reading this want to know about Philadelphia and our apartment and what we have been up to, but I promise that is coming soon!
The weekend after we moved in I left for San Diego, CA to attend Mastermind Summit 2012. We decided while driving somewhere between Texas and Georgia that I was going to go. We weren't planning on it, but I cannot even begin to describe how grateful I am that Chris encouraged me to do this. It was life-changing and I am so thankful that I was able to be exposed to so many tools which will benefit me physically and mentally over the next year. I've gone every year since 2006 with the exception of 2011. Anyone who knows us well and admires us for pretty much any reason at all, we can attribute most of what we have learned and how we live our lives (in regards to communicating in our marriage, budgeting, setting goals, staying motivated, etc.) from this man and event. He came to American from Ireland in the 90's with $92 in his pocket. He got into real estate and in the late 90's started his company sharing his method for real estate. That method changed my mom's business starting in 2001 and has continued to change our lives for the better. He's also very entertaining to listen to. I have seen Chris Gardner (Will Smith's character in The Pursuit of Happiness), Captain Jim Lovell (Tom Hanks's character from Apollo 13), Lou Holtz, Neil Armstrong, and so many other "lesser known" speakers.
Anyway, I left Sunday August 12th and flew to San Diego. I caught a shuttle to my hotel and then my dad met up with me a couple hours later. I don't think I've mentioned yet that my dad was able to go at the last minute, too! It was great. The San Diego Convention Center and San Diego are so familiar. I took a few pictures while we were waiting for it to start Sunday evening.
We had dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and while we were there, Kenny emailed! I took this pictures on my phone to send to him.
It was amazing being on the West coast again. I'm not struggling so much anymore, but it was a rough first couple of weeks over here. It was amazing to just look out over the bay and feel the West coast breeze on my face.
Sunday night is usually pretty kicked back. There was a talent portion this year and it was a lot more entertaining than I expected! We got back to the room pretty late and I was absolutely exhausted. It had been such a long day and the time change really through me for a loop!






No comments:
Post a Comment