Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Arizona Christmas: Picking up Daddy!

These Christmas posts are honestly taking me so long that I've lost the motivation to actually write about our trip. So forgive me if they are mostly pictures and not words!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the last post, but I decided to take Matthew with me when I went to pick up Chris. My kids were having a hard time sleeping at night (particularly Aaron) and an even harder time GOING to sleep. It's so unusual for my kids to behave that way and it was so bad when we were in Arizona! My mom watched them at night for a few nights and was exhausted from it all. I didn't want to leave her with both boys all day on Saturday. I knew Matthew would love to go and be there to pick Chris up from the airport, so we made it a special little trip.

It was so nice making that drive. It felt so familiar and it was nice to see a bunch of open space! I miss the view of the strip driving in to Henderson...



We picked up Chris and headed to the Fashion Show Mall to have Maggiano's for lunch and do a little bit of Christmas shopping. This was our view during lunch... I love Las Vegas!!!



After lunch I grabbed my gum from my purse and found this... Aaron is such a little stinker sometimes. He leaves little pieces of his stinker-ness everywhere. Exhibit A is a container full of halfway chewed gum.



We went into Nordstrom's so that I could try on some Uggs and dream of buying them. I loved all the Christmas decor!





When we walked by Build-a-Bear I just couldn't resist. I had a little bit of money saved up and decided I would spend it on Matthew. He made himself a Rudolph and we got Aaron a chocolate lab! It was so fun watching Matthew and the excitement on his face as he watched his Rudolph come to life!





He rubbed Rudolph's heart on his nose and ears and in his hands... then he put it inside Rudolph.




He gave them their finals baths and then found them outfits! I don't have a picture, but we have "Rudolph Spiderman" and "Captain Pup." Rudolph has a Spiderman outfit, complete with a mask, and Captain Pup has a Captain America costume - complete with a shield and mask.




Build-a-Bear was so fun. I have always wanted to go there and it was even better watching Matthew enjoy it!!!

We got back to Arizona just in time for dinner. It was so nice to finally have Chris there!!!

No comments: