Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Family Home Evening in our new HOUSE!!

In April of this year we moved out of our apartment and into a house!! It's still seems so unreal to me. We first saw this house in February and thought it sounded perfect for us. We had been looking to move for a while and this was the first house in Matthew's school boundaries. The landlords seemed so kind and nice. However, we did the math and realized that it just wasn't a smart choice for us. A few weeks later I saw an ad on craigslist that said some very harsh and cruel things about the landlords. I texted her to let her know and she was really grateful. A couple days later she called me and asked if she could pay me to take pictures of the house for the new craigslist ad. Knowing that it would be a hard thing to see a house that we decided we could not afford, I did it anyway. The house was perfect. It was big and beautiful and I wanted it so much. Chris hadn't seen it yet, but once he saw the pictures he wanted it as well. I told Denise (the landlord) that I would talk to Chris and see if we could make it work. But again, we did the math and realized that we couldn't pay double rent for 3 months and afford to live in the house. Some time went by and to make a long story short, we ended up signing a lease in March. Denise gave us 1 month free and with the help of both sets of parents we were able to make it work. Chris and I have been so blessed and so grateful. We love living here. Matthew and Aaron were sad to say goodbye to our apartment, but they absolutely love having a yard and a playroom. 

One night in early April we had dinner and a quick Family Home Evening over at the new house. It was so much fun!





We celebrated our new house with some cranberry apple cider.




Here is a view of the back of our house.



And here is Chris with Matthew and Aaron in the front of our house.



I haven't taken any pictures of the house yet, but I will soon!

No comments: