The White Coat Ceremony is the reason that everyone came to visit. It was a big deal for Chris! Many dental schools give their students a while coat right when they start school. Temple Dental makes the students complete 2 years of dental school and then they have a special ceremony for the students. It's a nice benchmark for the students to work towards and it was a really, really special day for us.
I cannot adequately express how grateful and happy I was that Chris's family was able to come and support him for this. It would not have been the same without them there!
I didn't get to sit with them because I was the person "coating" Chris. I had to sit by myself in a different section.
The coats were custom measured to fit the students and each coat has their name embroidered on it.
One of Chris's friends took this picture of us as Chris was signing the dentist's pledge.
It was such a proud moment for me, to be able to put Chris's white coat on him. It symbolized so much hard work and dedication on his part. I am so proud to be that man's wife!
Here is a picture of Chris's class. It's not great, but it's all I've got.
The building we were in was so pretty.
This is Chris and his friend John Ding. He is such a nice guy. We've had him over for dinner in the past and he gave our boys his old field hockey set complete with 2 nets!
Aaron really attached himself to Grandma Jelaire on this trip. He was always wanting to be where she was and hold her hand.
We were spoiled and Larry and Jelaire bought us each a Temple Dental shirt. Aaron got a shirt and Matthew got a hat. My parents bought me a hat as well! It's the first Temple Dental stuff that we have owned and it's fun to have.
After the ceremony there was a reception in another building. We went outside, took pictures, and then headed over there.
Chris saw Bryan from the Temple Dental admissions office and we got a quick picture. This is the man who we think is mostly responsible for Chris getting accepted. That's probably not the case, but we joke about it. He's a good guy!
Here are a few pictures of the family...
And here is Chris with his LDS friends that are in his class. That's Steve Rees, Ricardo Fontura, Jake Madsen, and Chris.
And here is a picture with the wives!
We didn't stay at the reception for too long because Chris wanted to give us all a tour of his school.























No comments:
Post a Comment