Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Arizona pt. 4: Flagstaff!!

One of the highlights of going to Arizona is getting to visit beautiful Flagstaff again. This time I took the kids with me and we stayed with the Fillerup's for the night. Matthew doesn't have too many memories of living in Kingman, but he has a lot of memories of living in Flagstaff. He was so excited to see it again!



Our first stop was the mall. Matthew needed shoes, which isn't always the most fun experience. However, this time around he found shoes immediately that he really liked!



We had lunch at the mall and then we played for a bit.





Before we left we stopped in the Vans store and I fell in love with these Star Wars Vans. Matthew wanted a matching pair, so I couldn't resist. Later Matthew told me he wouldn't wear them because he didn't think they were comfortable, so I ended up returning them. So much for our matching shoes!




After the mall I met up with Verity and she cut my hair. I still can't believe I cut it all off. It was so much fun for a while, and then I got back home and realized that there is no one here who can maintain that cut like she can... And my hair grows way too fast! So I'm letting it grow out again.




After Verity cut my hair we met up with the Fillerup's and all went to dinner at Chili's! It was just like old times, except that Ben was missing and my date was my kids instead of Chris. We got balloon animals and had a grand old time.




We stayed the night with Karen and after my kids went to bed I was able to visit with her until late. I had such a nice time being able to catch up and chat all night long like we used to!

The next morning my friend Shannon drove up from Phoenix and met me in Flagstaff. We had Diablo Burger, which is so good that it must be documented.



We walked around downtown for a bit...



And then we spent some time at Verity's house. If I remember correctly, we had lunch at Cafe Rio!





It was hard saying goodbye to these sweet friends of mine, but I'm so glad I had a chance to visit!

No comments: