Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Les Miserables in NYC!!

Ever since Les Miserables opened in New York I have been waiting for the opportunity to see it. We decided that my 30th birthday would be the perfect reason to go! I really wanted to see the original Broadway cast and patiently waited my turn. We found an incredible friend who watched our kids and made it possible for us to go and come home sooo late. It was SO exciting!




We had to walk through Times Square to get to the theater and restaurant where we had reservations. Also, I should note that Chris bought me the pearls I'm wearing in this picture for my birthday. He's pretty great.



We made reservations at Sardi's because finding a restaurant in NYC is crazy. There are so many!! The one I really wanted was an Italian place, but there wasn't availability. So we chose Sardi's because apparently it has a really rich history with Broadway. It wasn't as nice as I had hoped (decor wise), but it was delicious.





After dinner we headed over to the Imperial Theater.




It was seriously a dream come true and I think I teared up seconds after the show started.




Did I mention our seats were in the front row?! I was torn about whether or not to sit in the front or to sit 4-5 rows back so that we wouldn't have to look up as much. I am so happy I chose the front row, though. We had a more intimate experience because there was nothing between us and the actors. It was incredible. I feel like there is a part of me that comes alive when I am at a Broadway show that remains dormant 99% of the time. I love being so close to NYC.





We stopped at Magnolia's before we headed home.



Chris is such a champion. I know that Les Mis is a musical that he likes as well and that he is able to enjoy and appreciate it, but I also know that he does these things for me. He enjoys seeing me happy and he has said countless times that I smile more while at a musical performance than any other time. He is so good to me. I love that man so much!


No comments: