We bought a real Christmas tree this year for the first time in 8 years!! It smelled amazing. We loved having a real tree!
We also bought a star for the top. We haven't ever had a star at the top of our tree and this year we finally found one we liked enough to buy.
Another first for us this year... Christmas lights outside! I hung these all by myself. I was pretty proud! Someday we'll add more, but I was pleased with our little porch.
As per usual, Franklin the elf came to join us. Our elf doesn't do many silly things, but he definitely likes to hang out in silly places and watch the kids.
Another fun family tradition is making gingerbread houses! This year instead of buying a kit we just used graham crackers, frosting, and candy.
When Franklin came to our house for the first time this Christmas season, he left a note to Matthew and Aaron. It says "Hi Matthew and Aaron! I have missed you. I like the pictures you colored. Can I take it to show Santa? I love your decorations, too. Love, Franklin." Matthew responded and taped a paper with "Yes" to his note.
















No comments:
Post a Comment