Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Garden State Discovery Museum

The boys and I drove into New Jersey a couple weeks ago and went to the Garden State Discovery Museum. With our Please Touch Museum passes we get into tons of other children's museums for free. In this case, only 2 of us got in for free. But it was worth it. So fun! This museum seemed older and smaller than Please Touch, but it had totally different exhibits and the boys loved it!

There was a giant boat and they could fish and steer...






This was a big tornado inside of a glass. I can't imagine seeing a tornado in real life.



Aaron served me ice cream...




And then took a nap on a sail boat.



There were turtles and other reptiles to see. I can't wait to take these boys to the zoo next year!




It was hilarious watching them play and crawl around in this big ball pit. Aaron got a little scared when he kept falling while trying to get out. Do you remember when these were in almost every McDonald's play place?!





They got to "ride horses" in a little barn sponsored by Chick-fil-A.





And there was a giant light bright!!! No one was interested in it but me, so I had Matthew take a picture.



I think the coolest thing about this museum was there sports exhibits. They were able to golf, shoot hoops, and play hockey!



Matthew also got to try his hand at being a news reporter.



Aaron was the camera man.




They also had a green screen. Matthew loved being in a cage with the tigers.



Jr. Flyers! I'm not into hockey, but this little mini rink was awesome.






Matthew's favorite was, of course, the basketball place. It was really, really cool! I regret not letting him play there more. We just didn't have a ton of time.




The boys also got to try their hand at being doctors and surgeons. There was a giant "operation" type game!





They were pretty skilled in the restaurant as well.



Aaron was the cook and Matthew was the server. He brought me a plate full of chocolate cake. That boy knows his mama!!



On our way out the boys got to meet and pet a hairless rat that lives in the gift shop. Gross!! But they thought it was super cool. There are some exhibits I didn't document, but I'm sure we will be back again to get more pictures.

2 comments:

Irene Duford said...

They have a fun Mom. THAT's why they are so fun... Love those boys!

Heidi said...

OMG, I would have loved the giant lite brite, too! Could have played with it for hours!!!! :)