Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Independence Hall with the Duford's

You have to get tickets to see the Constitution Center, so I knew we wouldn't be able to see that. I didn't realize you also needed tickets for Independence Hall, so we went into a few different places around there first. 



We saw copies of the Declaration of Independence that were printed in the 1700's...




We also saw the very inkstand that was used by the signers of the Declaration. Very cool!







We went into Congress Hall, I think, and that was really cool. We were able to sit on the benches where our very first government used to meet. John Adams was inaugurated in this building. Really, really awesome.



After that, Independence Hall opened up for quick tours if we stood in a super long line. We started to wait, but the kids got super crazy and I won Mom of the Year Award for not changing Aaron's diaper once. ALL DAY. It was so sad and he really needed a diaper change. The boys were tired from not taking a nap and I just didn't think they'd make it through the tour. So we will have to go back next time!

I'll post more about our visit with my parents later. For now, that's all I have!

No comments: