Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Art Museum with the Duford's

Friday afternoon we went to the Oxford Valley Mall and spent some time at the Disney store and shopping at other places. It was a long day for most of us because we all had such little sleep! My mom has some pictures on her phone that I'll get soon and post them. But for now, let's fast forward to Saturday.

One thing that my mom really wanted to see was the Rocky Statue and the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The weather was beautiful for a day out. Not freezing, but not sunny. We found a spot to park and walked over to the art museum. We saw a lot of cool stuff on the way!





The new LDS temple is being built somewhere near this fountain in Center City Philadelphia. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the site is, but I know it's close!


We walked by this Shakespeare Memorial and I had to get a picture to send to my professor. I'm taking a Shakespeare class right now. It's interesting, but a lot of work! I'm not really a fan of Shakespeare, but I know how much how work means.



We stopped at the Washington Monument right in front of the art museum and took in the gorgeous views. You can see the Center City skyline from there and it's beautiful!



We waited in a long line to get our picture with the Rocky Balboa statue. There were some Georgians (the county, not the state) there and they took about 2,152 pictures and 103 videos of the statue. It was really cool to watch.



My parents at the top of the steps in front of the art museum...



Matthew and Aaron love the steps at the art museum. They just love being outside and climbing and running, and this place gives them all of that.


My mom bought a shirt that has Rocky's picture on it and says Philadelphia on it. It's pink! The man who sold it to her was SO nice and friendly.

We headed back to our car and then headed to Franklin Square.

No comments: