After leaving Chuck E. Cheese we headed over to Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry to visit Chris's new stomping grounds. I think this was the most anticipated part of our weekend! I had never been and it was nice to be able to show my parents as well. It made things very real. Again, thanks to my mom's iPhone for pictures because I totally wasn't thinking and didn't take any!
I was a little concerned that we would be a nuisance to people. We had two strollers walking around that place, but everyone was very nice. I have it in my head that we are balls and chains around Chris's ankles, when in reality we are his "why." WE are the reason that Chris works his butt off every day and night studying. WE are the reason he wants to do so well and WE are what keeps him motivated. I've gotta shake the thought that we bring him down... that life would be easier if we could be doing this without kids. Truth? We wouldn't be this happy. We wouldn't be this solid. We wouldn't know the joy and bliss that comes with being a parent and I truthfully would not have it any other way. It's just hard sometimes. I have a terrible habit of comparing and I am working hard to fix it.
Anyway, this picture is of Chris's lecture hall. It's blurry, but this is where he spends his days in lectures!
Temple Dental was established in 1863. It's one of the oldest dental schools in the country and has an outstanding reputation. The opportunities that Chris will have in their clinic outshine almost every other school we thought about attending. Thank goodness we didn't have to choose between Temple and any of those other schools, because I highly doubt we would have chosen Temple! We came here because it was our only option and it ended up being perfectly suited for our family and the school offers more to Chris than he imagined. We are in the right place!
Anyway, I keep rambling... About Temple Dental. It has a museum inside with a lot of history in regards to the dental field. It was really, really cool to see the instruments that dentists used to use in the late 19th century!
After our tour of the school we went back home and waited for Chris to get back. We had dinner at Nifty Fifty's so that Matthew could play miniature golf. The milkshakes were amazing, but the food wasn't so good.
Kenny is able to email us on Monday nights, so we were all a little distracted trying to use our phones to email back and forth with Kenny. But it was fun! It was one last hurrah with my parents before they were to leave the next day.








1 comment:
I bet you are so proud of Chris! Just remember that you are a team...he might be working and studying hard to make a better life for you and the boys, but you are also working very hard, being an incredible mother and wife! Much love to you! :)
Post a Comment