Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Dinner Cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia

At the beginning of the year I bought a Groupon for 2 tickets on a dinner cruise. We decided to go the night before my birthday! It was a little rainy, but we still had a good time. When we got to Penn's Landing, I kind of expected the ship to be bigger!




We were looking forward to a night of dancing and alone time, though, so it didn't matter. We picked up our tickets and despite the crazy anxiety I was having all day (for no good reason), we put our happy faces on and got on board!



It was pretty cheesy inside. Think 20 year old cruise ship decor meets cheap Laughlin, NV casino decor. But the people were  so nice and we were excited anyway.




It took almost 40 minutes for us to be able to go get our food, which was a huge bummer... but eventually we were able to eat and the food wasn't too bad!

The music and entertainment was terrible. We danced to some slow songs, but that's about it. We spent most of the time watching others and getting our entertainment from that. The upper deck was beautiful, though. Such gorgeous views!





We were close to the airport and saw tons of planes coming in for landing.




And the sky was magical!



So while I would never do it again, I was glad to spend the night with my honey. I love him!