Chris and everyone in his family said the funeral was beautiful. They were super impressed with the people of Texas. On the way to the cemetery there were people pulling over, getting out of their car, and saluting the funeral procession with their hats off out of respect. It was incredible. I am sure that I'm leaving out so many details, but hopefully Chris will be able to come in and add more when he has time someday.
Here is a picture of all the cousins.
And Lee & Eileen's children. They are standing in front of Lee's helicopter. He was a medivac pilot.
Here are Chris's siblings with their dad, Larry.
And here are the original Christensens, minus Lee. Amazing family, right here!
And here are a few from the graveside services.
It's very surreal for me to be typing this on the blog. When Chris and I got married, Lee and Eileen were the only two that I had not met on Chris's dad's side. But Eileen and I communicated a lot over email. We were friends on Facebook and then I added her to my blog email list. I very much looked forward to her replies. She and my Aunt Betsy are the only ones that ever regularly respond and it's so nice to hear from them. We try our best to keep in touch via the blog so that everyone in the family knows what we're up to, but it's very one-sided at times. I miss hearing about the lives of everyone that so frequently hears about mine! :) Anyway, I eventually had to delete Eileen's email from my list and that was a sad day. I miss hearing from her. I miss her pictures of wildlife from their home in Texas. They treated us like royalty when we came to visit them. It was great! Such a tragic loss for our family, but we know we will be with them again someday.












1 comment:
That's how it is back home (in Minnesota), too. People are just not as respectful in Kingman...and maybe it's like that everywhere in Arizona?
Post a Comment