Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

My 29th Birthday & all of its craziness

The Friday before my birthday was a bit chaotic. We went and did pilates at the gym like normal, but we were interrupted by the day care asking us to come out. I went inside and Matthew was screaming bloody murder. I've never seen him so upset or in so much pain. No one knew what happened except for the fact that Matthew pointed at one particular boy and said he did it. And he was holding his arm. When we finally left I asked the front desk if they had cameras because I would really like to know what happened. It ended up turning into this huge ordeal and an accident report was filed. I was feeling sort of bad for making such a big deal, but we went home and just got on with our night. Matthew was favoring that arm all night long. It still hurt so much. We decided that if it still hurt in the morning, we would see about taking him to the doctor. 

Saturday morning came and he was happy. We could touch his arm just fine, but he couldn't twist it. I called the doctor and made an appointment for that same day. It gave us just enough time to get to the movies, which was what I was looking forward to most about my birthday! We went and saw Monsters University. It was so cute!

Right after the movie we headed to the doctor. Aaron was tired!



Matthew was being pretty happy, but his left arm was still sore. The doctor came in and told me that Matthew's elbow was dislocated. I was prepared for him to tell me it was just a sprain! We had Chris take Aaron out of the room and while Matthew was trusting the doctor with his sore arm and talking to him about what happened, Dr. Horrowitz reset it. OUCH! 



Poor Matthew was shocked, but it was much better doing it that way than if Matthew was anticipating it. He cried for a bit, but then it was better. He wanted us to follow up with CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) Orthopedics, but we didn't think it was necessary. He is just fine now! I was so angry when I found out his elbow was dislocated. I'm glad an accident report was filed and I hope that never happens again to another kid.

Anyway, after the doctor we headed over to Oxford Valley Mall so that Chris could pick out some new glasses. We did some shopping and it was so much fun! Chris has lost so much weight and it was a blast buying clothes for him. We also got to go into the Disney store and buy some stuff for the kids. Very fun!




Matthew got a Spiderman toy set, a Li Shang (from Mulan) doll, and a Beast doll. Aaron got the Brave doll and Merida's mom (who comes inside a big plastic bear). Everything was SO cheap!!! It was a great sale. I am pretty sure that I have more fun in the Disney store than my kids, and they LOVE it. I would go bankrupt in that store if I had any less self-discipline that I have now!



We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Delicious!



And then we finished it off with some dessert at Sonic.



It was a great birthday! We didn't have cake or anything because it was such a busy day, but we postponed it. I love being able to spend an entire day with my little family. Nothing better! Especially when my boys are behaving!




No comments: