Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Winter of 2014

This winter has been brutal, but one good thing about it all is that it went by rather quickly. Usually winter is bleak and depressing, but this winter has been a lot more beautiful because we've had snow dusting the trees almost continuously. The downside? Temperatures that this area is NOT used to experiencing. Keep in mind that these temperatures are cold enough on their own, but with the wind chill they were around -10 and -15 in the morning. Chris had to get up and walk to school from his train station every day in this for a couple of weeks!



All of my water bottles have been freezing solid in the car. I keep forgetting to take them out of the car and bring them upstairs. It's not fun reaching for a much needed bottle of water and coming up with a huge chunk of ice!



For about 3 weeks I had the most magnificent winter gloves from The North Face. They were warm, thin, and they worked with my smart phone. Sadly enough, they have disappeared. I had no idea where they are and it's so sad. So much for the perfect winter gloves!




I also wake up to notifications like this on my phone at least once a week. I think it will be ending soon? I hope?



And while I am sick of the snow days, late starts, the ice, missing out of playing in the snow with the kids, being shut inside with all the businesses closed... I sure do enjoy seeing the beautiful snow. And I've enjoyed the couple snow days that Chris has had, giving us some time to spend together as a family amidst the craziness of school. 








No comments: