Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Yellowcard Concert

The final adventure of our summer was the Yellowcard Ocean Avenue Acoustic tour. It was an incredible concert! I'd been preparing the boys all day to stay really late at a friends' place. The boys picked me some special flowers for me to wear on my date. They are adorable.



I dropped the boys off at our friends' house for the evening and met Chris is South Philly. We had dinner at the Famous Fourth Street Delicatessen. We had the biggest pastrami sandwiches I have ever seen!






It was a Jewish deli and the food tasted very different. But it was nice to try something new!


We walked over to the venue and found a spot on the balcony to sit down. We watched the show from there and it was amazing. It's always more fun to be right up front, but Chris and I are just a bit too old for it these days. We can't hang! Or I should say that I can't hang and Chris just appeases me.



These chandeliers were gorgeous!



And the show was amazing. So incredible. Their first set was the entire Ocean Avenue album from start to finish. Chris and I bonded over this album when we first met. We had one of the songs play at our wedding reception during our photo slideshow. It holds a special place in our hearts! Then after their acoustic set they took a 10-15 minute break and came back out to play an entire electric set. It was amazing!!!!





I have been to hundreds of concerts, literally, and Yellowcard is by far the most refined, kind, and talented band that I have ever seen live. We are definitely fans for life.

We picked up our kids and they were wide awake at 11:30pm. I felt so bad for our friends! Our kids just don't like to sleep unless they're at home or somewhere where we can make them sleep. They crashed in the car, though, and that almost never happens. They were exhausted and so were we!


No comments: