My parents spent Thanksgiving with us this year. It was nice being able to be at home for Thanksgiving but still with family.
I didn't take too many pictures, but we had a great time. My parents flew in late Wednesday night and my mom spent most of Thursday cooking. I made a few things, but she did the majority of it all. It was nice not having to be in the kitchen all day long. We had a delicious dinner and then on Friday we saw Frozen together as a family. It was such a great movie. Matthew and Aaron had been looking forward to seeing Frozen for a very long time!
Chris and I had planned to go to the temple while my parents were here, so we were going to leave on Saturday. My parents suggested that we stay the night on Friday night. I was shocked! I quickly looked for hotels and actually found a 4-star hotel for $150. On a Friday night in Midtown Manhattan, I think that's pretty darn good. They gave us some money for our anniversary, so we decided to go for it. I'll write more about that later.
Saturday night after we got home I went and saw Catching Fire with my parents and Chris stayed home with the kids. I wish we could have all 4 gone, but it's hard finding babysitters on a holiday weekend.
Sunday we went to church. It was nice to have my parents sit with us because I still was not used to sitting alone during Sacrament meeting.
Monday while Matthew was in school we went into Center City. Our first stop was Dicken's Village inside Macy's.
Then we met up with Chris (who was on a break from school) and had lunch at Reading Terminal. My parents took the boys to see the Macy's holiday light show and Chris and I went to move the car (2 hour parking limit). Then Chris headed back to school and we headed over to LOVE Park. What a beautiful place during the holidays!
They turn the park into Christmas Village and they have all sorts of shops and fun things to do.
I had to force my dad to go take Aaron's place as Santa. I think it makes for a fun picture!
I knew that my parents would enjoy Dicken's Village and Christmas Village last year when we went there with our boys. I was so happy that we could take them!
After LOVE Park we went for a quick walk to the Comcast building and watched their holiday light show. When you walk into the Comcast building you see what looks like a normal building. Then you realize, suddenly, that it's actually a giant screen and there are beautiful scenes on it. At Christmastime (or during "the holidays" which it is called here because of all the Jewish people) they show a beautiful holiday spectacle. People ice skating, dancing, singing carols, and beautiful, wintery scenes are on the screen. We caught about the last 10 minutes of it. It was so cool!
When Matthew got home from school on Monday we headed out to the mall to look for some Christmas decorations for our wall.
We didn't have much luck at the mall so we went to Target and then headed home. My parents had to leave on Tuesdays and what a bummer that was. It's always so hard to see my kids' tear-soaked faces when Grandma and Grandpa leave. Thank goodness for things like FaceTime and Skype to keep us more in touch!















No comments:
Post a Comment