I usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but we waited until the end of the weekend this year. It was so nice having my parents here to help. Specifically my dad, because we always used to decorate together when I was growing up. I took pictures this year so that I can remember where to put everything next year!
Our stockings mean so much more to me this year than they ever did. My Grandma Sally started this tradition and I was able to learn how to make them for my family and my brother's family.

My sweet sister-in-law pointed out how little our Christmas tree is to me this year. We've always had such a small apartment that we have just had a little tree. But next year we will budget for a real Christmas tree. I think everyone will be so happy to have a big tree and be able to smell it all season long!
These are delicious cookies. Have you ever tried them? If you like Andes Mints or Girl Scout Thin Mints, you should totally try them. They may only have them on the shelves at Christmas - at least that's how it is here. But they are so yummy!
I was so happy to open up my peppermint soap from P.J. Chilcottage in Flagstaff. It's my absolute favorite store!
We made gingerbread houses as a family. I think they turned out pretty cute! We put them on the shelf and displayed them until we took down our decorations.
We hung all out Christmas cards on our back door. We have gotten quite a few more since I took this picture, but I wanted to remember where I put the cards this year. I liked it! I liked it so much that I haven't taken them down yet.









2 comments:
Where did you get that adorable manger scene??? I love it!!!
look! we're on there! ;)
Post a Comment