I am super excited to say that I finally had my first non-family visitor in Philly!! Jane Riddle came to visit and we had so much fun. Hopefully I can remember everything we did together.
We took the kids to see Independence Hall and some of the history sites (they are so over the actual historic sites, but still love to run around and see everything like this Rocky statue and the Phillie Phanatic).
Independence Hall was gorgeous as always. It still blows my mind to think of the history in this city. I remember going to Boston for the first time and being blown away by it all. I think because we live here (and let's be honest... because Philly is so much dirtier than Boston) I tend to forget just how great of a place it is.
We stopped by the cemetery at Christ Church and saw Benjamin Franklin's grave. The graveyard was beautiful. Matthew really wanted to go inside and see it all, and I'm glad we stopped.
Next we went to Reading Terminal Market and I'm pretty sure Jane was in Heaven. I wish we could have gone back sans kids because it would have been nice to be able to take our time, but it was a good time regardless. We had a really cool experience while there! Matthew and Aaron were whining about not having a quarter to put in the candy machines and a teenage boy overheard them. This boy, a total stranger to us, pulled out a quarter and gave it to one of the boys and when he didn't have another quarter, he gave them a dollar bill. And then he just walked away! I didn't even get a chance to thank him properly. I just yelled "Thank you!" as he walked away. How sweet is that?! There are good people on this earth. I'm grateful for reminders like that. They were so happy!
I took these next 2 pictures for Chris. He loves tacos from the taco trucks in Turlock, CA, so when I saw this "taco truck" it made me laugh and I wanted to show him. Also, breakfast flavored dental floss. So gross, yet so cool.
And I can't forget to share the gummy teeth that we found! Yummmm.
For dinner that night we made sure to initiate Jane into her Philly experience right with a cheesesteak from Steve's Prince of Steaks. These things are expensive, but they are so good!! If you come visit, you will eat one. I promise.













No comments:
Post a Comment