So if you've read our blog in the past you know that we enjoy going to Phillies games during the summer. Chris has an alert set-up on Stub Hub and he gets emails when tickets drop below a certain price (I think it's when they drop below $10). We've never actually stayed for the entire game because the kids get tired and the games aren't usually that entertaining. So this time Matthew asked if we could stay the end and since he didn't have school the next day I thought "why not?" and I promised him we could stay until the very end of the game.
He was so excited to go! He made a Phillies sign. It says "Phiwies." Gotta love that kindergarten spelling! He's so much better at writing now. It's crazy to see the difference between how he was last summer and how he is now. But I digress.
We showed up pretty early to the game and took the boys down close to the field so they could watch batting practice.
Our seats are usually pretty far away, but to be honest I don't mind at all. It's nice being able to take it the whole field. It was such a beautiful night for a baseball game!
We didn't realize it, but that night was "Country Western" night at the game. All the photos of the players had them in country western shirts and cowboy hats. It was pretty entertaining!
Aaron is usually a handful during the games. He just has so much energy! And he is such a flirt.
The game was a long one. It ended up being 13 innings at least! I can't quite remember if it was 13 or 14, but I think it was 13. We didn't leave the park until well after 11:30pm. The boys were tired, but I made a promise to Matthew and I wasn't about to break it.
The cool part about staying so late was that SO many people left. If you look in the picture, the stands are pretty empty! We were able to go down to first base and sit super closer. Closer than we've ever been. It was a whole new experience. We could actually watch the game and see the ball. It felt totally different and it was really cool!
I cannot adequately express how wonderful it was to see Matthew so happy. He loved that we stayed until the very end and that it was almost midnight! Also, I think the Phillies won!
A testament to just how tired these two boys were is that one of them fell asleep in the car. This does not happen often. My children are not the blessed kind that can fall asleep wherever and whenever, so it only happens when they are 100% wiped out!
I miss the summer. I miss Phillies games and warm weather. Is winter over yet? I'm sure my Aunt Betsy and Uncle Stephen in the Philippines would love some of the cold winter air! And pretty soon when my Arizona friends start to complain about the heat, I won't be wishing I was there so much. But I am over winter!














No comments:
Post a Comment