Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sesame Place pt. 1

When Matthew wakes up in the morning he usually watches about an hour of TV. We don't get the Disney channel anymore so he often watches PBS. PBS is local and has some local advertisements about Sesame Place, which is a Sesame Street themed amusement park in Langhorne (about 15 miles North of us). I've looked into going, but it just seems like it's kind of a small amusement park for the price we would pay. A lot of it is water rides. We figured we'd take the kids when they are older.

When Christmas came around, I realized that it only cost $22/person for their Christmas tickets. They call it "A Very Furry Christmas" and on November 17th the Imagination Movers were going to be performing there!! We decided we would splurge a bit and take the boys there for Matthew's birthday. Matthew was so excited because I had been telling home over and over that we couldn't go to Sesame Place for a long time. We were all excited when we got there! There are lots of fun colored Christmas trees lining the entrance to the park. 





The first ride we went on was the Gonzo ride, which is probably the biggest roller coaster they have in the park. Matthew AND Aaron were tall enough to ride it, so it's not like it was scary or anything. But Matthew was definitely scared. Chris told him he had to ride it once and then if he didn't like it, he wouldn't have to ride it again. It took some convincing and some love from his daddy, but he said okay!





All of us except Matthew loved the roller coaster! The park was decorated so well. It was really cool!




I was so impressed with all the fun things for the kids to do. I'm a huge Disneyland fanatic, so I didn't think I would be into Sesame Place... but my kids LOVED it and I loved watching them!



There was a place for the boys to take pictures with Big Bird and Elmo. We didn't buy any of them, but here are a few against their green screen.







No comments: