Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Yellowcard for our 6th Anniversary!

I can't even count the number of times I have seen Yellowcard with Chris, and I've probably seen them between 5-10 times without Chris. We love them. They are our absolute favorite band. We have met them a number of times. Chris and I have even emailed back and forth with Ryan Key (the singer) back when they were starting to play together after their hiatus. 

We have seen them so many times just in the past 2 years! You can read about some of those times here and here. The first time we saw them after their hiatus was April of 2011. We drove to Tempe for their signing and then went to their concert. The signing was right next to a Chick-fil-A and since we follow their twitter feeds, we know how much they love Chick-fil-A. We share that love. It's amazingly delicious. But I digress. I was thinking about buying them all Chick-fil-A and bringing it to their signing. They had to be hungry, right?! Then I started to second guess myself and I thought maybe they wouldn't want to eat food from strangers. I tweeted Sean Mackin and mentioned Chick-fil-A and he said they totally would have eaten it. I was bummed! We should have just done it!

We've seen them a couple of times since then, but we weren't able to bring them food. Fast forward to this most recent concert that we went to on Friday 11/16. There was a signing and we weren't sure whether or not we would be able to make it because our babysitters couldn't get to our place until it was too late. We figured the babysitting situation our (thanks to Angel and the Madsen's!) and the night before the concert I saw Josh (the new bassist for Yellowcard) posted about not being able to sleep and wanting Chick-fil-A. It was done. I made up my mind and I tweeted him and asked if he would eat Chick-fil-A if fans brought him some. He said yes, so that was our plan!

Chris took the train into the city so at least one of us could attend the meet and greet. Traffic was crazy and our babysitters didn't get their in time for me to make the signing, but Chris bought the food and headed over there when I was on my way. Much to his dismay, the band had to leave early for sound check. AFTER we have purchased food for them. Bummer! I was so sad and really trying not to let it ruin my night. I picked up Chris and we headed over to the Electric Factory. I tweeted Sean, but I didn't head back right away. On the way to the venue we gave a sandwich to a homeless person because we figured we had lost our shot. Lo and behold, we didn't! I know I am such a little groupie, but I was so happy!!! Sean tweeted us back and we met him out by their bus behind the venue. 




He was so gracious. He always is! I remember seeing this guy when I was 16 in Vegas. I had no idea who he was before the show started, but his charisma was impressing ALL the ladies before the show started. Now he's married, fighting thyroid cancer, and he is still rockin' his violin and doing backflips on stage. 

Anyway, Sean went and grabbed us 2 free shirts. I tried to say no, but he insisted and Chris said yes. So now our new Yellowcard shirts are extra special because Sean picked them out for us.




We also got to meet Ryan Mendez, the guitarist. He is amazing on guitar. And so nice! We met him at Warped Tour in Phoenix.




So when we finally got inside for the show we realized it was insanely crowded. We sat in the back for a bit while We Are the In Crowd and a couple other bands played.




We attempted to get to the front during The Wonder Years' set, but the crowd was INSANE. The band is from Philly, so it was just crazy. We thought it would get better for Yellowcard, but it didn't. We literally almost died many times. Okay, maybe not died. But I did almost lose a toe or two!!




We could only take so much of that crowd before we had to get out of there. I couldn't even enjoy Yellowcard's set because I was getting trampled on and kicked in the head. I even lost my favorite black cardigan! So we watched the rest of the show from the balcony. It was kind of a bummer. It doesn't really feel like a Yellowcard show unless we are right up front, screaming every word to their songs... but at least we could breathe on the balcony!!! Our bodies are a lot older than they used to be and apparently I just can't hang anymore! Here are some pictures (proof) of the craziness.











These are pictures that the band posted on their Facebook/Twitter pages. It's always cool to see their view!


And here are our shirts! I was actually wearing 2. The one you can see if my mom's and mine is underneath. I didn't want to lose them, so I layered them on!



So even though it was 9 days early, we had an awesome anniversary celebration. I love that we both enjoy some of the same things and share the same love for our favorite band. My husband is just so much fun and I cherish every day I have here on earth with this man!!!!

No comments: