As I'm looking back at these pictures I'm realizing how much my boys have grown.
Matthew's school started before Aaron's. His first day of school wasn't too bad, but I forgot to take a picture at home and we pulled over to take one on the side of the road.
We took the first graders in the gym again this year and they met their teacher. It will be so strange to drop Matthew off as a 2nd grader and have him just walk to his classroom. He had a back to school gift for his teacher and he was excited to give it to her. He was pretty sad because he didn't get the teacher he wanted and most of his friends were in another class, but he did well. He's had some issues since with his teacher, but I'll post about that another time.
I feel like the sweetness of my little Matthew is going away as he gets older. I found this note and his blanket on the floor when he was at school one day. I can't even remember the last time he wrote "I love you, Mom" on a sheet of paper.
Aaron's first day of school was in September and he was so excited!!
After his first Preschool experience last year at Picariello he was definitely ready for a more "school" like school. He was really looking forward to going to Matthew's old school at the YMCA with Mrs. Kalitz! He loves it and he's doing so well.
We realized that a local restaurant called Friendly's has 50% off their breakfast during the weekdays, so we went there a few times during the first month of school. Aaron missed having Matthew at home and it was nice for me to not have to cook breakfast for us! The 2 of us could eat a delicious breakfast at Friendly's, including tip, for under $10.
We had a lot of fun together at Friendly's. This is Aaron's "I'm excited for whipped cream" face.
This is one of the only times that Aaron finishes every bite of his breakfast. He gets an m&m pancake with whipped cream and no powdered sugar (he doesn't like it if it is sprinkled with powdered sugar) and he loves it!
One day we even at for less than $5! The only downside is that at Friendly's, I can eat my entire 1200 daily caloric intake in ONE meal.
















No comments:
Post a Comment