Tuesday night I had about had it with Philadelphia. It's dirty, people are NOT nice, I can't find things in the grocery store that I am used to having, it's expensive, it's humid, it's dirty, traffic sucks, it's scary... and did I mention it's dirty? I have been trying my hardest to remain positive and not complain because that is how I push through and live a happy life. But there are some days where I just can't keep it all together and this particular Tuesday night was one of them. The night before we had my friend Peter Kim (PK) and his lovely girlfriend, Heather, over for dinner. It was nice visiting with them and hearing more about the nicer parts of Philly. He offered to take us on a little Center City tour Wednesday night. It couldn't have come at a better time!!! We met at his apartment in Center City, which is gorgeous. Then we drove over to the Philadelphia Art Museum and climbed the famous steps. My only regret? I was too busy taking pictures and had forgotten my headphones, so no "Eye of the Tiger" in my ears while we climbed. But I did get lots of pictures of the boys! They climbed all the way up and back down by themselves!
The view from the top was gorgeous. PK and Heather run these steps every morning. How awesome would that be!?
We also quickly visited the Rocky statue at the bottom right of the stairs/museum. There was a line to get pictures and we patiently waited.
I don't think the kids had any idea who Rocky is, but they thought the statue was cool because they knew Grandma Irene liked it!
It was fun to see some beautiful parts of Philly and I'm glad this was out first stop. I'd been wanting to see it since we got here, and PK and Heather knew exactly where to go!











1 comment:
I could hear "Eye of The Tiger" as I looked at the pictures of the kids and Chris running up the stairs...Loved this post!
Post a Comment