Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A day date to the neurologist and my ever-growing list of prescriptions

I had an appointment with my neurologist in early October. His office is in Center City, so I dropped Aaron off and drove to Jefferson Hospital in Center City. Chris surprised me and met me there! I was so glad, because I ended up waiting for my doctor for at least an hour. It was SUCH a nice treat being able to talk with him and visit during the day. That almost never happens! I could have waited in that lobby for hours and not even cared - if I didn't have my babysitter and Aaron to worry about! We had such a nice time. 




My appointment went well. He started me on some new medications and another round of steroids. I have the upmost confidence in my doctor and know that he will help me to feel better and be back to normal soon.

After the appointment we walked a few blocks to a Jimmy Johns and had lunch. What a special treat it was to spend the afternoon with Chris! He even drove home with me because he didn't have class that afternoon. It was probably one of the most memorable dates we've had in a while.

Here are a few pictures that I find sadly amusing. This picture is the 3 medications that I was taking at first.



And this is just about everything that I have tried or was currently taking before the appointment with the neurologist. That is a LOT of pills. It's crazy!!!



And these little buggers right here are responsible for the extra 7-10 pounds that I've gained in the last 2 months. I was on a really high steroid taper (which is why there are so many pills in my hand) and it was not good to my body. I'm trying to stay comfortable how I am now, while also trying to exercise and eat healthier so that I can hopefully lose the weight. I was pretty depressed about it for a while, but I think I've come to accept where I am at right now and just focus on being grateful that my migraines were able to get under control. Weight gain is the cost of it, but it's worth it.



Right now in December I am only regularly taking 1 medication and it has really been helping keep my migraines at bay. I still get them, but only about once a week - and sometimes only once every 2 weeks. It has been so nice not having daily migraines that just won't go away!

No comments: