Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My first solo trip to NYC

I went to NYC on my own a couple months ago. I've waited so long to blog that I cannot remember if it was October or November. I think it was October. Anyway, I hopped on the train with a good book, but ended up with a killer migraine and didn't even read. 



I got there while it was still light out, which was nice. I went straight to the temple, which is so beautiful amidst all the skyscrapers in NYC.



Afterwards I had to stop at the Wafels & Dinges food cart. These waffles are amazing. They're usually at the 66th & Lincoln Center subway stop, but it was all shut down for construction. I was so sad! I had the idea to check their twitter account and sure enough, they had moved just a couple of blocks down. I was so happy. I was seriously looking forward to this waffle since the last time I had one MONTHS ago.



It was so pretty outside. It was a gorgeous night and the Lincoln Center looked so pretty all lit up.




After I ate my waffle I headed back to Penn Station. It was nice being able to rest on the train ride home. I was a little bit afraid I would fall asleep and miss my stop, but I was able to get a few naps in. And my migraine went away after 2 rounds of Imitrex and some Aleve. I am so grateful for modern medicine. I never thought I would like having to take medication every day - I still don't - but I am grateful that the medication I am taking is helping me feel better. Hopefully someday I can ween myself off and not need it anymore, but for now I am grateful that it helps. 


No comments: