For the sake of not having time to make new costumes and not wanting to spend money on buying new costumes, we decided to do a repeat of our Harry Potter Halloween theme. There were 2 exceptions. Aaron was Ron Weasley instead of Hedwig and I was Professor McGonagall instead of Bellatrix Lestrange. Both of our costumes were too small. Aaron has an excuse since it was 2 years ago and he's twice the size as he used to be. My excuse? I don't have one. I'm sure the extra 15 pounds I've put on since then has a lot to do with it. Anyway, here we are at our church Christmas party.
I have no idea how, but our trunk won the best trunk at the Halloween party. It was horribly thrown together at the last minute, but we had the kids play quidditch and get sorted into houses before they could pick their candy.
And here I am with some friends, Angel and Tammy.
Here we are on the real Halloween. We couldn't find Matthew's glasses and I didn't have the energy to do my hair or make-up, but at least we're still dressed up! The boys had a blast trick-or-treating. The Florek's neighborhood is awesome. All those row homes have people who love passing out candy and seeing all the kids. It's just like it was when I was growing up!
We carved our pumpkins the night before Halloween. Here they are all lit up!
And here is their loot. That is a LOT of candy!
These two pictures were from before Halloween, but they were so excited to watch the first Harry Potter and have their robes and wands! These two are definitely mine. I love that we share a love of Harry Potter and I can't wait to read them all the books!
















No comments:
Post a Comment