Catching Fire was a highly anticipated movie in our household. Chris actually read the entire series (the first time he's read a novel since high school!) and he enjoyed them. I saw a contest on Facebook to win tickets to a special advanced screening of the movie, so I entered myself and Chris almost every day in the hope that we would win. Sure enough, Chris got the email saying that he won two tickets! I enter his name in contests alone with mine, but his name is always the one that wins! I'm grateful for his luck. Personally, I think it was a tender mercy from the Lord because it had been so long since we'd been on a date. It was perfect timing.
We bought shirts for the first movie that we went to with our friends. We look quite a bit different than we did 2 years ago, but we still wore them that night!
We had a wonderful friend come over after our kids went to bed and she stayed all night. We got to the theater and they took our picture in front of a green screen.
We bought plenty of snacks because we had to sit through the entire red carpet live stream that was taking place in Los Angeles. While we were waiting in the theater they had some trivia questions. Chris told me if I wanted to be heard I would have to stand up to be noticed. So much to my embarrassment I jumped up and answered the question about what an avox was. I won a shirt! That man always makes me step out of my comfort zone and it always ends up being a good thing.
The movie finally started around 10:30pm and it was SO good. We got to see it in IMAX (for free) so it was just a really great night for us. I loved sitting next my sweet husband for 4-5 hours without any interruptions! Thanks, Subway, for the free tickets!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment