Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Matthew's 6th Birthday Party: Star Wars

Matthew decided he wanted a Star Wars party this year. We don't do parties every year, but decided to give it a go this year with both boys. He invited lots of kids from his class and he had a good number of kids show up! He picked out the picture for his invitation...



There were quite a few moms that stayed for the party and it was really nice being able to visit with and get to know the moms of some of Matthew's friends!

And here are pictures from the party...

Target Practice...




The food table...


















We played Star Wars bingo with marshmallows. Mason decided it would be better to eat them all at once when we were done.



Aaron loves Carter so much! Carter is such a good sport with having little Aaron tag along everywhere he goes.



I didn't have much time on this cake. I'm not a fan of fondant (it looks beautiful, but I don't like to eat it), so this was as good as it got. It's a Storm Trooper, in case my bad cake decorating skills make it impossible for you to figure it out.





It was nice to have Chris there during the party to help out. He made things so much easier!













Things got a little too crazy towards the end of the party (what did I expect with so many little men in the house?! Haha!) so we turned on Disney Junior before the parents came to pick their kids up. 



I was so shocked at the amount of gifts he got. I guess because we are in a tight financial situation right now I am used to setting a $5-$10 budget for Matthew to buy gifts for friends' parties and I don't ever expect anything more than that for my kids. But he got two $25 gift cards to Toys R Us, a $20 gift card to Chuck E. Cheese, and a ton of other amazing gifts that he loves. It was very humbling!

All in all, the party was a success. He had a great time and so did we!

No comments: